Dental Health Review
Lifelong dental wellbeing AT Drayton DENTAL CARE
KIDS GO FREE!
Children receive free dental health examinations until their 18th birthday when a parent joins the Practice membership scheme.
TIME TO CARE
Our dedicated, multi-skilled team will give you all the time needed to ensure we give you the experience and outcome you deserve.
During your regular dental health examinations we undertake a review of your mouth, teeth and gums. For your peace of mind, you will also receive a mouth cancer screening. Following your dental health review, advice will be given and any appropriate treatment tailored to your individual needs and wishes.
Our goal at Drayton Dental is for every one of our patients to achieve lifelong dental wellbeing. From your initial consultation through to your treatment and ongoing care, we take all the time we need to ensure your long term dental health and confident smile. Here is an overview of what we look to cover during your first examination appointment:
- Your general health, wellbeing and medication will be discussed and the impact on your oral health and treatments considered.
- Your teeth will be examined for decay, sensitivity, fractures and abnormal wear.
- Restorations such as fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges and dentures will be examined to ensure they are still sound.
- Any gum inflammation, bleeding, gum disease, plaque retentive factors and recession will be assessed.
- Your bite will be assessed, because the way that your teeth meet can affect your jaw, teeth and any dental work present in your mouth.
- We will look at the inside of your mouth (tongue, cheek, palate etc) which can be affected by health conditions including mouth cancer, reactions to medications and diseases affecting the immune system.
- We usually recommend a hygiene clean and polish and oral hygiene assessment.
- Following this comprehensive examination, advice will be given and any appropriate treatment tailored to your individual needs and wishes.