pROFESSIONAL DENTAL CARE
For patients in drayton, Hellesdon and Taverham AREA
Your mouth deserves to receive professional care. It's really important to keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy. Maintaining your dental wellbeing is vital and regular dental health examinations are an essential part of your healthy living regime.
Our primary aim is to practise preventive dentistry. This means identifying and treating potential dental problems before they become painful, complex or costly to treat.
Please don't neglect your dental wellbeing because problems that are caught early are much easier and cheaper to treat.
Your thorough dental health reviews at Drayton Dental include:
- Examination of your teeth for decay. Our dentists aim to catch tooth decay early and prevent further tooth destruction.
- An assessment of your mouth for gum disease and to prevent tooth loss.
- An assessment of your teeth for wear. This is becoming a major problem with modern Western diets and stressful lifestyles. It is essential that early wear is identified to prevent future costly and complex treatment.
- Oral cancer screening. Regular visits provide life-saving early detection of mouth cancer, which kills one person every five hours in the UK and is diagnosed in more than 6,000 people each year.
Dental Health Review
Lifelong dental wellbeing AT Drayton DENTAL CARE
KIDS GO FREE!
Children receive free dental health examinations until their 18th birthday when a parent joins the Practice membership scheme.
TIME TO CARE
Our dedicated, multi-skilled team will give you all the time needed to ensure we give you the experience and outcome you deserve.
During your regular dental health examinations we undertake a review of your mouth, teeth and gums. For your peace of mind, you will also receive a mouth cancer screening. Following your dental health review, advice will be given and any appropriate treatment tailored to your individual needs and wishes.
Our goal at Drayton Dental is for every one of our patients to achieve lifelong dental wellbeing. From your initial consultation through to your treatment and ongoing care, we take all the time we need to ensure your long term dental health and confident smile. Here is an overview of what we look to cover during your first examination appointment:
- Your general health, wellbeing and medication will be discussed and the impact on your oral health and treatments considered.
- Your teeth will be examined for decay, sensitivity, fractures and abnormal wear.
- Restorations such as fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges and dentures will be examined to ensure they are still sound.
- Any gum inflammation, bleeding, gum disease, plaque retentive factors and recession will be assessed.
- Your bite will be assessed, because the way that your teeth meet can affect your jaw, teeth and any dental work present in your mouth.
- We will look at the inside of your mouth (tongue, cheek, palate etc) which can be affected by health conditions including mouth cancer, reactions to medications and diseases affecting the immune system.
- We usually recommend a hygiene clean and polish and oral hygiene assessment.
- Following this comprehensive examination, advice will be given and any appropriate treatment tailored to your individual needs and wishes.
Healthy teeth for life in Drayton, Taverham and Hellesdon
We believe hygiene therapy is the most important service we provide at Drayton Dental. Dentists treat disease but hygienists will help you prevent it.
Healthy gums promote healthier teeth and without healthy gums, cosmetic or dental treatments to restore your mouth’s function are not possible.
Gum disease affects 80% of adults and more than half of all teenagers. It’s the biggest cause of tooth loss and is linked to heart disease, bacterial lung infections, diabetes, premature births and strokes. New research also suggestions there may be a link to dementia.
But with good dental care and regular visits to the hygienist, the risks can be easily controlled...
Our hygienists are professionally trained to the highest standard, meaning whomever you see, you are guaranteed hygiene care that is second to none.
During your hygiene appointment we will undertake a thorough cleaning of your teeth and gums. After a session with our hygiene team you will feel and see a real difference in your teeth.
Our hygiene team will:
- prevent and manage gum disease
- deep clean your teeth and gums
- relieve bad breath and bad tastes
- advise on brushing and flossing techniques
- recommend inter-dental products for your mouth
- provide diet and lifestyle advice
- provide air polishing to remove stains and return lustre*
- see patients on a direct access basis meaning you don't have to be a patient of the practice or see a dentist first
Regular visits will minimise the chances of you needing invasive dental treatment in the future.
Smile, eat and speak with ease
As a family dental practice in Drayton near Hellesdon and Taverham we aim to improve the dental health and wellbeing of patients of all ages and this includes the way our mouth and teeth perform.
When our mouths work well, we often take them for granted. But the moment we have a problem, we realise just how vital a healthy mouth is for everything from eating, speaking and smiling, to our sense of wellbeing. Our modern approach to dentistry allows you to live your life to the full.
Crowns, bridges & dentures in Drayton
Teeth are precious commodities. They give our face its structure; they allow us to eat, whistle, speak, chew, smile and feel confident about ourselves. That’s why we will always try to save and restore your natural teeth. Treatment for restoring your mouth’s function includes root canal, crowns, bridges, fillings, inlays and onlays and dentures.
Bridges at Drayton Dental aim to:
replace the gaps left by missing teeth
improve your ability to eat and chew
stop your teeth from drifting into the gaps left by missing teeth
Crowns at Drayton Dental can be used to:
strengthen teeth that have been weakened by decay or a large filling
protect fractured, cracked and worn teeth
improve the shape, alignment and shade of a tooth
help strengthen the tooth after root canal treatment
Dentures at Drayton Dental will:
- improve the comfort of your mouth
- look natural to help boost your appearance
- enable you to eat and chew with ease