feel happy and confident
A Happy smile opens doors...
One of the first things people notice when meeting a person for the first time is their smile. So it goes without saying that being able to smile without embarrassment could have long term implications on your career, in interviews, with your friends and in your love life.
At Drayton Dental, our main aim is for you to feel happy and confident about your smile. Here are our top ten ways to help you enjoy a stunning smile every day:
- The easiest, most effective - and cheapest - way to keep your teeth and gums looking great is to brush for two minutes twice a day using a fluoride toothpaste.
- Visit your dentist regularly. There’s nothing more attractive than strong, healthy teeth and regular visits will help ensure your teeth stay this way.
- Discoloured teeth was the biggest reason (33%) given in a recent survey for people feeling self-conscious about their smile. Visit your hygienist for a thorough clean and polish to bring back the natural sparkle to your teeth.
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks, including fruit and fruit smoothies. Decay-causing bacteria feed on sugar, so by cutting out their food you will reduce the chance of tooth decay.
- Choose foods rich in the minerals that help protect the teeth from harmful acids. Calcium-rich foods promote good bone density and affect the quality of bone around the teeth.
- Chewing sugar-free gum after eating and drinking is a convenient way of looking after your dental health. It washes away food debris, helps to neutralises damaging plaque acids and re-mineralises tooth enamel by stimulating the flow of saliva which helps protect teeth.
- Are your teeth stained? Try cutting down on curries, red wine, tea and coffee and you’ll love the difference this will make.
- Smoking will do your red carpet smile no favours whatsoever. Stopping smoking will improve your general and dental health, reduce your risk of cancer and boost your smile.
- Do you hide your smile or feel embarrassed about your teeth? Let us know - we have lots of treatments that can help and won’t break the bank.
- Love your smile! Smiling is contagious: it can light up a room and draw people to you. It’s also linked to a boosted immune system and a reduction in stress - and we could all do with that!
Boost your smile and your confidence
A brighter, whiter smile not only looks healthier, but it gives your confidence and spirits a boost. When we look good, we feel good.
In the past, fillings were always made out of silver-coloured amalgam. This material works well, but it has big disadvantages – it doesn’t resemble your natural teeth and can look unsightly.
For the vast majority of fillings, we use a strong composite resin that allows us to provide long-lasting, beautiful, natural-looking fillings that won’t spoil your smile. The tooth-coloured fillings at Drayton Dental will be matched with your teeth, allowing you to smile and laugh with greater confidence.
Teeth whitening is one of the easiest, most cost effective and longest lasting cosmetic dental treatments. We offer a safe and reliable procedure using custom-made tooth whitening trays that allow you to brighten your teeth in the comfort of your own home, overseen by your dentist.
In the UK, tooth whitening can only legally be carried out by a fully qualified dental professional - making it effective and long lasting.
Artistic composite bonding
Artistic composite bonding is probably the most conservative of all the cosmetic treatments. It involves minimum alteration to your original tooth and is reversible if none of the tooth enamel is removed. The material used is matched very closely to the shade of your natural teeth and the results are seen immediately, allowing us to dramatically improve your smile in a single appointment.
Composite bonding at Drayton Dental is an excellent way to repair cracked, chipped and discoloured teeth; close gaps and reshape misaligned teeth. The result is a straighter, more uniform smile. It can also be used to replace silver amalgam fillings.
Complete your smile
Perfect your smile with a smile makeover at Drayton Dental
The appearance of our teeth can greatly affect the way we feel about ourselves.
Our modern approach to dentistry means the dental clinicians at Drayton Dental have a wealth of solutions at their fingertips to improve and enhance your smile.
Our dentist can rejuvenate smiles of all ages. Our vast knowledge of smile makeovers, whitening techniques, crowns, bridges and dentures helps create beautiful, life-changing smiles.
We even offer single-visit smile rejuvenation. If you are not happy with the colour of your teeth or have chipped or worn teeth, then our combination of tooth whitening and cosmetic bonding will revitalise your smile in only one or two appointments.
We offer the full range of Invisalign invisible braces for adults and teenagers to transform smiles and straighten crooked teeth. We also custom-make minimally-invasive porcelain veneers and crowns to whiten and straighten crowded, crooked or gappy smiles.
An attractive smile can light up a room, turn heads, steal hearts, open doors and last a lifetime. If you have lost teeth and feel that your smile is now letting you down please talk to us about the different ways we can help boost your confidence. There is no substitute for your own teeth for both appearance and function - and making dentures that perform as well as natural teeth is a tough challenge. The dentures crafted by our Drayton dental team will ensure you have an attractive appearance and can eat comfortably and confidently. Good dentures really can improve your quality of life.
Natural looking dentures in Drayton
As we get older the colour of our teeth changes and they gradually darken. Dentures, where the teeth are too white, too uniform and too perfectly spaced, are an instant giveaway. We offer more natural-looking false teeth, to include tooth shades that look realistic. Our dentures are made from hard-wearing material that mimics the look of teeth and gums to give your mouth a natural appearance. Your denture will be made to fit snugly on your gums and you will be able to remove it for cleaning.
Don’t neglect your gums
It is important that you take extra care in your hygiene regime so that you can avoid bad breath, tooth decay and gum disease. Our hygienists will be able to show you how to best take care of your denture and gums and will tell you about specialised brushes you can use to do this. We will also screen you for mouth cancer for your peace of mind.
Contact us if you have any questions about dentures
We are pleased to offer free cosmetic consultations for our smile makeover treatments, so call us now to book!
Find out how we can transform your smile – just like we have for this patient, who had composite bonding treatment.
Invisalign invisible braces
the most trusted and well-respected maker of virtually invisible, orthodontic aligners
We are delighted to offer the full range of aligners at Drayton Dental in Norwich. Popular with orthodontic specialists and dentists worldwide, Invisalign aligners are manufactured to fit your teeth, with treatment carried out to the highest possible standard.
Why choose Invisalign at Drayton Dental?
Invisalign expertise and experience
Dr Matt Clare (GDC no. 72274) is a fulltime orthodontist recognised by the General Dental Council as a specialist in the field of orthodontics and he will be working with the dentists here at Drayton Dental Care to provide Invisalign invisible braces. He has been transforming smiles with Invisalign clear aligners for many years. Invisalign has recognised him nationally and awarded him Invisalign Platinum Provider status in recognition of his experience and expertise in treating complex cases with this virtually invisible, aligner-based system.
- Discreet treatment option. You can keep the fact that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment a secret from friends, family and work colleagues.
- Good for treating mild to moderate cases in patients of all ages.
- Aligners fit comfortably over the top of your teeth like lightweight mouthguards.
- Aligners can be easily removed for eating, brushing your teeth and the occasional night out. This means that they are better for the health of your gums.
- Before treatment starts, you can see a computerised preview of how your smile will look and can view it in three dimensions.
Do you just want to straighten your front ‘smile teeth’? Then Invisalign Lite at Drayton Dental in Norwich could be just what you need. Invisalign Lite looks and works the same as Invisalign - only quicker - and is ideal for less complex cases.
Some of our patients come to us simply needing a quick fix. It could be that your teeth have started to slip back into their original position, despite having worn braces when you were teenagers. This can be a combination of age but also not wearing your retainer for long enough. Or you may just have one or two crooked teeth you want fixing. In instances like these, it could be that treatment may only take between three to six months.
An improved smile is closer than you think with Invisalign i7, the latest addition to the Invisalign family that offers adults and teenagers an easy and convenient solution. Invisalign i7 provides results in as little as three months, without the inconvenience of traditional fixed braces, so you can finally treat that niggle in your smile.
We are pleased to offer free cosmetic consultations for our Invisalign treatments to allow our orthodontist to grade the complexity of your case and determine which type of treatment is most suitable for you.